Is it worth getting pet insurance?
We all know that pets are family, right?
There's nothing like having a furry friend to cuddle up with on the couch after a long day. They're always there for you, ready to share the love. And they don't care if your hair looks crazy or if you don't have makeup on—they'll still give you kisses and snuggles, just like any other member of your family would. According to data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there are over 29 million pets in Australia alone—and while they might not be human children, they're still family members who deserve our love and care.
So what are the benefits of pet insurance?
You might not want to think about it, but just like humans, pets experience aging and sickness. Unfortunately, though, only around 6% of cats and dogs combined are covered with pet insurance. That means that most people don't even consider getting their pets insured because they think it's too expensive or unnecessary—but as anyone who has ever had a sick pet knows all too well, sometimes it's not so easy to predict when something might happen. Trouble is our loving pets don’t have benefits like Medicare either and so Vet expenses can blow out very quickly.
The cost of medical care can be exponentially higher when the symptoms are discovered later on in an animal's life than if they were discovered earlier on—and animals are also at risk of uncontrollable accidents in their daily lives that can put them in serious danger without proper protection against unexpected expenses like these!
But you shouldn't have to spend a fortune on your cat or dog when it's sick because of an accident or disease. That's what pet insurance is for! It covers all sorts of unforeseeable accidents and illnesses—from broken bones to cancer—so you can focus on taking care of your furry friend instead of worrying about how much money their treatment is going to cost you. I can’t tell you the number of times I have seen ‘go fund me’ type campaign on social media when desperate pet owners have ill or injured pet and are heartbreakingly unable to cover their healthcare costs.
Where to now?
There are many different pet insurance providers so of course you should always do your research to find a policy and provider that suits the needs of your pets and you.
One of our recommended providers to consider are Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance. They are a reputable award-winning company that have been in the industry for many years and thoroughly understand pet care. Here are some of the benefits of signing up with them;
- You can get up to 80% of your eligible vet bills reimbursed, with options to change your benefit percentage.
- Unlike many competitors they have no excess, which means that you can claim for even the smallest eligible vet expenses.
- They offer additional benefits including discounts for puppies and kittens, 10% multi-pet discount, free ID tag every year and a pet health card for your wallet.
- They offer generous benefit limits and inclusions like hip joint surgery cover of up to $7,600 per hip (exclusive to Bow Wow Meow).
- You get two complimentary online VetChat consults when you sign up.
- They offer an easy claims process, and if there are any issues, their claims team will follow up with your vet to ensure your claim is processed quickly and save you the hassle.
- They can get your claim processed on the spot with GapOnly®, which calculates your claim while you’re still at your vet’s practice, so you pay only the gap.
- Plus, they’ve been chosen by Product Review as Pet Insurance Award winners for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and again for 2022!
Take action today because you never know when you might need it!